Yesterday, Leadership Connect hosted a webinar centered around Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA). Our panelists Sangita Chari, Program Manager at the Office of Relevancy, Diversity, and Inclusion, Workforce Inclusion, National Park Service, and Lisa Boykin, Chief Diversity Officer at the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), delved into their own experiences with DEIA at their agencies in a lively discussion moderated by Leadership Connect’s very own Victoria Hodge, Associate Product Manager.
Here are the key takeaways from the webinar:
- A career in DEIA stems from a combination of deep understanding and passion about the topic.
- A successful DEIA campaign fosters a full cultural change from the top down.
- DEIA at the agency level has an impact on the American public in the way stories are told and how communities function.
- DEIA at large makes for a stronger agency that better understands their people and the community they serve.
- From two experts on the topic, the goal of the future of DEIA is for it to be naturally embedded into company culture and regarded as a universal health and wellness issue.
Now that you know the key points, keep reading as we dive deeper into each of the takeaways listed above!