Pursuant to current regulations and Leadership Connect’s policies, our Terms and Conditions and the below Privacy Statement describe how Leadership Connect collects, uses, and shares your personal information in connection with our website, application (including mobile applications), products, software, or services that link to this Privacy Statement.
Leadership Connect has prepared Supplemental Privacy Statements
In certain circumstances, local data protection laws may give you rights with respect to personal information if you are located in or are a resident of that country, state, or territory. For more information:
IMPORTANT: We are only required to honor rights to the extent that these rights have been granted to you and apply to you under applicable data protection laws. Please consult your local data protection laws to determine what rights may be available to you and when access to these rights are limited.
What Information Do We Collect?
The type of personal information we collect depends on how you are specifically interacting with us and which Services you are using. Generally, we collect the following categories of personal information:
- Business Contact Information, such as name, alias, address, phone number, your image, social media links, email address, and similar contact data.
- Organization and Contacts Information, such as your employer or organizations that you are a member of, information about your colleagues or those within your organization, your status with an organization, and similar data.
- Career, Education, and Employment Related Information, such as job history, professional licensure information and related compliance activities, accreditations and other accolades, education history (including schools attended, academic degrees or areas of study), and similar data.
- Leadership Connect Account Information, such as security-related information (including usernames and passwords, authentication methods, and roles), service-related information (including subscriptions and account profiles), billing-related information, and similar data.
- Communications with Leadership Connect, including suggestions, questions, comments, feedback, and other information you provide to us when you contact us, or that you post on our Services (including information in alerts, folders, notes, and shares of content), and similar data.
- Device & Browser Information, such as network and connection information (including Internet Service Provider (ISP) and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses), device and browser identifiers and information (including device, application, or browser type, version, plug-in type and version, operating system, user agent, language and time zone settings, and other technical information), advertising identifiers, cookie identifiers and information, and similar data.
- Usage Information and Browsing History, such as usage statistics, product feature use (including searches, page views, downloads, and newsletter subscriptions), and other user history.
Why Do We Collect Information?
The focus of our Services and data is to provide quality business-level relationship information on decision makers throughout private and public sectors.
Additionally, some laws require us to explain the lawful basis upon which we process personal information. With respect to these laws, we process personal information about you for one or more of the following basis:
- To Perform a Contract. Where the processing is necessary for the performance of contract.
- Legitimate Interests. Where the processing is necessary for legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal information.
- Your Consent. Where you have given us consent to process your personal information for specified purposes, such as to provide our Service and other items requested by you.
Personal Information Processing
We process your personal information in connection with our Services and for other business purposes, including to:
- Provide, deliver, analyze, and administer our Services (including in connection with the performance of a contract).
- For internal research and development purposes for new content, products, and services, and to improve, test, and enhance the features and functions of our current Services.
- Personalize and make recommendations related to our Services and other offerings.
- Contact and communicate with you in connection with our Services or other notifications, programs, events, or updates that you may have registered for.
- Send you offers, advertising, and marketing materials.
- Fulfill your requests.
- Detect and prevent fraud and abuse to ensure the security and protection of all customers and others, as well as to identify and authenticate your access to our Service or to identify and authenticate you before we provide you with certain information.
- Exercise our rights and to protect our and others’ rights and/or property, including to take action against those that seek to violate or abuse our Services.
- Comply with the law and our legal obligations, including to respond to a request or order from a court, regulator, or authority, as well as to fulfill our contractual obligations with our customers when they arrange access to our Services for you.
- Effectuate the sale, merger, acquisition, or other disposition of our business (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Where Does Information Come From?
How we collect personal information depends on the nature of our relationship with you. Leadership Connect may collect information directly from you, from certain third parties (such as your employer or the subscriber providing access to our Services), or from other sources (such as publicly available sources).
You may provide personal information to us when you:
- Search for, subscribe to, or purchase our Services.
- Use our Services or otherwise interact with us.
- Create or maintain a profile or account with us.
- Purchase, use, or otherwise interact with content, products, or services from third party providers who have a relationship with us.
- Create, post, or submit content on our Services.
- Request or sign up for information.
- Communicate with us by phone, email, chat, in person, or otherwise.
- Complete a questionnaire, survey, support ticket, or other information request form.
We collect personal information automatically when you:
- Search for, visit, interact with, or use our Services (including through a device).
- Access, use, or download content from us.
- Open emails or click on links in emails or advertisements from us.
- Otherwise interact or communicate with us.
We also collect personal information about you from third parties, such as:
- Your organization and others with whom you have a relationship that provide or publish personal information related to you or from others when they create, post, or submit content on our Services that may include your personal information.
- Professional or industry organizations and certification / licensure agencies that provide or publish personal information related to you.
- Third parties and affiliates who resell or integrate with our Services.
- Service providers and business partners who work with us in relation to our Services and that we may utilize to deliver certain content, products, or services or to enhance your experience.
- Marketing, sales generation, and recruiting business partners.
- Government agencies and others who release or publish public records.
- Other publicly or generally available sources, such as social media sites, public and online websites, open databases, and data in the public domain.
How We Share Information
Our Services aggregate information from research, data technologies, public records, phone directories, social networks, contributed data, business websites, organization websites, government websites and data, leads, and other sources made available to us to create listings and profiles that become a part of our content in these Services.
- Users. Data collected as part of Services may be made available to all users of these Services. Additionally, if you choose to include your personal information in any reviews, comments, or other posts that you create, then that personal information may be displayed other users as part of your posting.
- Your Organization and Contacts. We may also share your personal information with your network (contacts) to facilitate the exchange of information between you and the contact(s).
- Business Partners. We may share your personal information with our business partners to jointly offer, provide, deliver, analyze, administer, improve, and personalize products or services (including these Services).
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your personal information with our third-party service providers to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in offering, providing, delivering, analyzing, administering, improving, and personalizing our Services and data. For example, service providers who assist us in performing, delivering, or enhancing certain products and services related to our delivery and operation of our Services, who provide technical and/or customer support on our behalf, who provide application or software development and quality assurance, who provide tracking and reporting functions, research on user demographics, interests, and behavior, and other products or services. These third-party service providers may also collect personal information about or from you in performing their services and/or functions on our Services. We may also pass certain requests from you or your organization to these third- party service providers.
- In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Change of Control. We may transfer this Privacy Statement and your personal information to a third party entity that acquires or is merged with us as part of a merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control (such as the result of a bankruptcy proceeding).
- Other Disclosures. We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we reasonably believe that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law or regulation, to comply with or respond to a legal process or law enforcement or governmental request, to enforce our terms and conditions or other rights (including investigations of potential violations of our rights), to detect, prevent, or address fraud or security issues, or to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Leadership Connect, our users, or the public.
Location of Information
Leadership Connect is located in the United States, with affiliated entities located throughout the world. During your use of our Services and your interactions with us, your personal information may be transferred outside of your home country and may be stored in and accessed from multiple countries.
Whenever we transfer personal information to other jurisdictions, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Statement and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
Security of information
The security of your personal information is critical.
Considering the nature, scope, context, and purposes of processing personal information, as well as the risks to individuals of varying likelihood and severity, we have implemented technical and organizational measures designed to protect the security of personal information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure.
Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable measures designed to protect personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our security procedures also mean that we may request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you or before we process your other requests.
Retention of information
We retain personal information in accordance with our enterprise records retention schedule.
We calculate retention periods based upon and reserve the right to retain personal information for the periods that the personal information is needed to: (a) fulfill the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, (b) meet the timelines determined or recommended by regulators, professional bodies, or associations, (c) comply with applicable laws, legal holds, and other legal obligations (including contractual obligations), and (d) comply with your requests.
Our Services provide business information solutions and, as such, our Services are intended for professionals and/or individuals over eighteen (18) years of age. We do not target children and do not knowingly collect any personal information from anyone under the age of eighteen (18). When a user discloses personal information on our Services, that user is representing to us that he or she is at least eighteen (18) years of age.
Your rights differ based upon local data protection laws in your country, state, or territory, but these rights may include one or more of the following:
- Access to Personal Information. You may have the right to obtain confirmation from us that we process your personal information and, if so, you may have the right to request access to your personal information. Please note that, to the extent permitted by law, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs for the first or further copies of your personal information requested by you.
- Rectification. You may have the right to request that we rectify inaccurate personal information concerning you and, depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete personal information completed.
- Erasure/Deletion. You may have the right to require us to erase some or all of the personal information concerning you.
- Restriction of Processing. You may have the right to require us to restrict the further processing of your personal information. In such cases, the respective information will be marked as restricted, and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
- Object. You may have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal information by us, and we may be required to no longer process some or all of your personal information.
- Data Portability. You may have the right to receive a copy of your personal information, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and you may have the right to transmit that personal information to another entity without hindrance from us.
- Withdraw Consent. You may have the right to withdraw consent you have provided to for those cases where we rely solely on your consent to process your personal information. You can always provide your consent to us again at a later time.
- Right to Complain. You may have the right to lodge a complaint to an applicable supervisory authority or other regulator if you are not satisfied with our responses to your requests or how we manage your personal information. For example, if you are located in the EU/EEA, a list of more information about the EU/EEA Data Protection Authorities can be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm. We encourage you to first or also reach out to us at email@example.com, so we have an opportunity to address your concerns directly.
- If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 may permit you the right to request information regarding the disclosure of personal information about you by us to third parties.
- If you are a Nevada resident, Nevada residents may also have certain rights regarding the sale of personal information. Nevada residents may opt out of the future sale of their information to a third party so that they may license or sell information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Importantly, there are several exceptions where we may not have an obligation to fulfill your request. PLEASE CONSULT YOUR LOCAL DATA PROTECTION LAWS TO DETERMINE WHAT RIGHTS MAY BE AVAILABLE TO YOU AND WHICH EXCEPTIONS MAY APPLY.
When you make a request, we ask that you help us with the following:
- Tell Us Which Right You Are Exercising: Please specify which right you want to exercise and the personal information to which your request relates (if not to you). If you are acting on behalf of another individual, please clearly indicate this fact and your authority to act on such person’s behalf.
- Tell Us More about Your Relationship with Us: Please let us know how you are associated with us, such as that you use certain Services of ours or that you were a former employee.
- Help Us Verify Your Identity: As mentioned above, our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you or before we process your other requests. Provide us enough information to verify your identify. If we cannot initially verify your identity, we may request additional information to complete the verification process (such information may include your picture, a copy of your driver’s license or other government-issued ID and/or a recent utility or credit card bill). Please note that if we cannot verify your identity, we may not be able to fulfill your request. Any personal information you disclose to us for purposes of verifying your identity may be shared with our third party service providers and/or third parties (like your phone carrier) or government agencies for the purpose of verification.
- Direct Our Response Delivery: Depending on your request, we will provide a response to you via email or through a link to access certain information. If you prefer to receive our response in another way, then please let us know your preferred delivery mechanism to receive our response.
Links To Other Sites
Our site or Services may contain links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Leadership Connect. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. Be sure to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This Policy applies only to information collected by this Site or in the method(s) otherwise discussed herein.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
As our organization changes over time, this Privacy Statement is expected to change as well. We reserve the right to amend the Privacy Statement, for any reason, and without notice to you other than the posting of the updated Privacy Statement on our Services. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and terms and conditions, but you should check our Services frequently to see the current Privacy Statement that is in effect and any changes that may have been made to it.
Any comments, concerns, complaints, or questions regarding our Privacy Statement may be addressed to email@example.com or you can write to us as follows:
Chief Privacy Officer
1667 K St., NW
Washington, DC 20006
United States of America
*If you are using our Services through one of our customers, then you should contact them with any privacy-related issues or questions.